To properly facilitate your treatment your physiotherapist will create a dossier. This dossier will contain all medical and personal details relevant to your treatment. This registration is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Besides the General Data Protection Regulation, we use a privacy code.
- In addition to your own therapist other employees may have access to your dossier. Specifically, these are other physiotherapists in the team, if consulted on your case, a possible intern that might be training with your therapist and administrative personnel. All personnel are subject to our confidentiality agreement.
- You have the right to review your dossier. If you think you found incorrect data, you have the right to request to have these amended or removed.
- Your dossier should contain only data relevant to your treatment.
- In case your data has relevance for medical research or educational purposes it can only be used after your express written consent and anonymized.
- Your data will not be transferred to third parties unless after explicit consent by you or your legal representation.
- After ending your treatment your dossier is stored for at least ten years. After that period, it may be destroyed.
- The clinic has taken appropriate measures to safeguard your personal information. If you are of the opinion that the GDPR or our privacy code are not fully adhered to, please use our complaints procedure.
If you find any fault with our handling of your personal details, we ask you to contact us directly. We would deeply regret if we would not be able to resolve any issue. You are of course entitled to complain to the Dutch privacy authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) that supervises privacy protection in the Netherlands.
Please contact us if you have any questions or remarks concerning our privacy statement.